Posted by Marco Minerva
In the mean time, The Microsoft Translator Service, that I use in my library, has been moved to Azure and has been enhanced with new features. Now it is able to return streams in both WAV and MP3 format, and it is also possible to specifiy the quality of the audio stream to obtain.
One of the major changes is that the Bing AppID mechanism, used in previous version, is no longer supported. Now the service uses a token based access system that is compliant with OAuth standard. So, we must register our application in the Azure DataMarket, in order to obtain the Client ID and Client Secret needed to use the service.
As a result, I have updated my Text-To-Speech library to support the new platform and I have added properties to set audio format and quality of the stream.